Financial Controller - Vietnam
LOCATION: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
PACKAGE: Highly competitive package
An opportunity for an experienced and high calibre Financial Controller to join a world leading trader of agricultural commodities. Working closely with the local Managing Director and the Regional Controller for Africa and Asia, this senior finance position offers a broad spectrum of opportunity, scope, commercial activity and authority.
The successful candidate will cover the position of Financial Controller of Vietnam Co Ltd, coordinating and financially managing this wholly-owned subsidiary, including providing high quality analysis, decision support and financial leadership.
We are looking for a commercial leader who is able to drive the business forward. Ideally, you will have gained experience of operating within a fast paced multinational, entrepreneurial trading and/or commercial environment. The successful individual will develop a solid understanding of the coffee business, our global operations and the impact that these operations have on financial reporting, cash funding and risk.
* Coordinate, review and drive the financial performance and results of the operation, including commercial insight and analysis.
* Lead and advise on financial and commercial decisions, and consult with the local Managing Director. Candidate must also work in close partnership with the Regional Controller for Africa and Asia and the Supply Chain Director for Africa and Asia, both based in Switzerland.
* Develop a consistent and comprehensive set of standards and reports for the operation within the broader umbrella of improving financial and commercial support services to the business.
* Liaise between the Commercial Trading Teams, our various international subsidiaries and the Head Office finance department.
* Budgeting and medium term planning skills are essential.
* Prepare for and manage internal and external annual audits - maintain a strong internal control environment.
* Candidate will become the local legal entity CFO, although the job title internally remains Financial Controller. This means the candidate would be responsible for completing and signing local statutory accounts and tax returns as well as local legal compliance.
* Maximize the benefits of systems, including Microsoft , Hyperion and in-house developed risk management tools.
* Understand the operation's trade flows, their impact on cash management, resource usage, statutory reporting and tax planning/optimization.
* Be able to answer and provide creative solutions to any business challenge that may be encountered.
* Proactively gain an understanding of new accounting standards and their potential impact on the business unit's results.
* Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests from the local Managing Director, Regional Controller and Regional Supply Chain Director.
* Capital investment appraisals/monitoring, project management and treasury management.
* HR development, including mentoring, performance management and oversight of all in-country local finance employees.
IDEAL PERSON SPECIFICATION
*Minimum of 5 years of experience in an international controlling, finance or accounting environment.
*Commodity knowledge is important to the role, while leadership potential is essential.
*Professional accounting qualification or MBA highly desirable.
*Able to apply knowledge and experience to provide robust commercial solutions.
*Candidate must possess strong communication and negotiation skills, with a 'hands on' highly visible management style, and be able to motivate change.
*Self-confident and self-motivated person able to prioritise and focus on the completion of key targets.
*Fluent in English and Vietnamese
*MS-Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills must be proficient.
We offer a highly entrepreneurial commercial environment providing the opportunity to build an international career in a partnership culture.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.